Let’s face it, the Holiday season is a time filled with love and family gatherings but also of over indulgence! It is no wonder that emergency rooms see a lot more patients after the holidays. People will present with flu-like symptoms, but after indulging on sugar and alcohol, it’s completely normal for the body to try and expel these toxins.
Below you’ll find tips to help you diminish the negative effects of after-holiday detox. I couldn’t fit everything in so I’ll add more here:
– Every morning at wake up, drink a large glass of water with lemon and/or apple cider vinegar
– Make sure to drink 1/2 your body weight (lbs) of water in oz per day. So a 150lb person needs 75oz of water daily to meet their water needs, and if they exercise, they’ll need more
– Eat steamed cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, etc.) daily to help your body get rid of excess estrogens
– If you plan on drinking alcohol, eat broccoli sprouts daily, either in powdered form or sprout
– Take a quality multivitamin daily
– Take quality probiotics and eat fermented foods daily (only small amounts are necessary)
– Go for outdoor walks daily, don’t stay cooped up inside
– Finally make the most of your family gatherings, enjoy your loved ones, smile, laugh and have fun!