CJ’s CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD IN PEPPER BOATS
So I’ve been working for the last few hours and realized I needed to eat! Sometimes we’re so busy and don’t realize what time of day it is so it’s important to stop, take a minute and realize two things. 1. You need to move throughout the day, especially if you’re at a desk job, every hour, get up and walk for 5 minutes or do a set of squats and stretches. 2. Your body needs food, and quality food that is. A good lunch with a healthy fat, a source of protein and a complex carb. You want a meal that will keep your blood sugar levels steady and won’t cause you to get sleepy one hour after lunch! Be alert during the day, enjoy the day and don’t let it pass you by not knowing what happened!
Ok so I opened the fridge and knew nothing was prepared, and suddenly that dreaded feeling we all get when we don’t know what to make took over my mind! But I know, I have this, I know what I’m doing, I’m worth making a healthy meal for is my mantra!!! And of course, I make so much meat stock every week that I’m never short of chicken drumsticks! And so chicken avocado salad served in pepper boats jumped to mind! So here it is, about 5-7 minutes prep time, super easy to make and tasty!
CJ’S CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD IN PEPPER BOATS
Ingredients for 1 person
- 1 pepper cut in 4 quarters
- 3-4 oz of cooked chicken
- 1/2 avocados
- 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful of cilantro
- ½ tsp garlic powder (that’s because I love garlic)
- green onion, chopped
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except peppers and green onions. Blend to desired consistency. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Scoop chicken avocado mixture into pepper boats and serve