I love a cold soup! And what’s great about this soup is that its base is beets, a liver super food! The liver is responsible for numerous processes in the body, and very important ones for that matter, like detoxifying toxins and excess estrogen, converting Thyroid hormones from T4 to T3–the ones our body needs, and the making cholesterol too. These are just a few important functions the liver is responsible for so providing the liver with friendly foods is a must! This soup is so refreshing, and would be amazing on a hot summer day but I also enjoy it when it’s cold outside, it’s just so fresh and bonus, easy to make!
- 2 litres of filtered water
- 1 lb of cooked beets, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt or pink salt and pepper to taste (I actually put 4 tsps of pink salt)
- 1 large daikon radish, about 300g, diced into small pieces
- 1 large English cucumber, diced into small pieces
- 1 bunch of parsley roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
Directions: Take a large pot combine water and beets and take immersion blender to blend well. Add rest of the ingredients and use your immersion blender to blend to the desired consistency. Once ready, you can serve immediately with extra parsley as garnish or chill in the fridge for 30 minutes allowing the flavors to blend, and then serve.